Translate

Saturday 30 April 2011

Burqah and chips.

Digital peice excecuted on Windows Paint. The peice addresses the controversial nature of the Burkah which is seen as a political support of Sharia law in the west. I juxtoposed that most british of meals next to the full body covering. The title  also links to my current work about meat and power structures, meat being an intresting social signifier. The burqah  plays in the to the idea of a male dominated society dictating what women  do with their bodys, the chips also stand as a metaphor for the current critiscm about the ladette culture.One rarely sees the same disgust voiced about men and similer behaviour. I seek not to offer an opinion with this peice but more to raise discussion past the rhetoric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Message me, i always reply. I love hearing peoples thoughts or views about what i make.