- Depiction of racism in the visual arts
- Depiction of sexism and homophobia in the visual arts
- Propaganda in the visual arts with a focus on art that lead to social change through manipulation such as the woodcut 'The Boston Massacre'.
- Depiction and covert promotion of sexual abuse and rape in the visual arts including literature and poetry.
- How violence is depicted, promoted, moralised and justified through the ages in the visual arts.
- How hidden religious groups, hidden social movements used art to promote their influence and spread their ideas in the visual arts.
- Depiction of these themes in films and music and how to identify signifiers in advertising
Sunday, 21 July 2013
This blog, separate from my art, is the beggining of a book, to explore my interest in symbolism in art.
Lately i have been slowly forming an idea around the depiction of taboo subjects in art through the use of subtext and symbolism with a focus on painting and drawing and sculpture, otherwise known as the visual arts.